Thinking about Babies and Books. Bibles, no so much

All I can think about is babies and books. I say "Bibles, not so much" becuase I needed a "B" word to represent all my church work. It is not that I am not thinking about the Bible. Because I am thinking about it. About how it says that children are a blessing from the Lord and trying to juxtapose that with the fact that Jesus said "take up your cross and follow me." Is my cross infertility? If that is the case I am picking it up along with my conflicted self and schlepping them to work each day. Anyway, it just has been difficult this week because it seems that maybe, just maybe there are a couple of adoption possibilities, that might possibly, maybe not, or maybe be coming to fruition sometime soon, maybe later, not now, never, maybe tomorrow, or next week, three months from now or next year. Confused by my sentence structure? That is what the adoption journey is like.

Speaking of sentence structure, books. Books have been on my mind because I started this on-line bookstore with the intent to have a business I could run while I was a stay-at-home mom. Despite the fact that that is being delayed (understatement) I am still running the business and anticipate August (book shopping season) to be a great month for sales but the unfortunate thing is I don't have much time to go out and scout for inventory. I try to squeeze it in every now and then but I really want to go out for a full day(s) of scouting. That won't be happening as long as I am working at church.

Comments

Rachelle said…
You will have to add The Shack to your book list. It is fab!
Danielle said…
I heard it was really good but maybe a little off beat.
Rachelle said…
Off beat is a good word for it...it does stretch the imagination a little...but also very thought provoking. Kinda like Narnia does...

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48