Adoption Update
Not too much to report today. The most recent refferals for China from the CCAA came this week and they only matched 5 days of LIDs this month. With all the early hype I was expecting a few more days than that. Also, nothing new with domestic adoption. Except that I heard yesterday in our church staff meeting that we will be opening an unwed mother's home. All I could think is - oooh, another baby factory! Can I place my order now?
On the fertility front, I spoke with a friend yesterday who has been seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. She was put on a very strict diet to control her sugar and loose weight. The first week on this diet she lost 6.8 pounds. (Conrats C!! And thank you for the talk yesterday.) I woke up this morning thinking about visiting this doctor, I know I am crazy after all the medical proceedures I have been through this past year. Maybe I am a glutten for punishment or maybe at 37 I am just desperate for babies!!! So from what I gather this RE takes a look at your sugar levels, thyroid (I have growth that my family doctor keeps tabs on) and metabolism. All these things intersect with fertility. So, I have decided that if insurance will cover it I am going to take the plunge and visit this doctor even though I said no more medical intervention and the fact that the office is about an hour and half from my home. I have to explore all my options.
On the fertility front, I spoke with a friend yesterday who has been seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. She was put on a very strict diet to control her sugar and loose weight. The first week on this diet she lost 6.8 pounds. (Conrats C!! And thank you for the talk yesterday.) I woke up this morning thinking about visiting this doctor, I know I am crazy after all the medical proceedures I have been through this past year. Maybe I am a glutten for punishment or maybe at 37 I am just desperate for babies!!! So from what I gather this RE takes a look at your sugar levels, thyroid (I have growth that my family doctor keeps tabs on) and metabolism. All these things intersect with fertility. So, I have decided that if insurance will cover it I am going to take the plunge and visit this doctor even though I said no more medical intervention and the fact that the office is about an hour and half from my home. I have to explore all my options.
Comments