Travel Packet Recieved!

It is becoming more and more real everyday! Yesterday we received our travel packet so today I will spend my time applying for our visas, filling out waivers and affidavits and choosing a second name.  Yes, we must choose the name now!  We want to stick to a Bible name but there are so few good girl names in the Bible. There is Hagar, Dorcas, Orpah.  OK, I know there are better ones than that, like Rachel, Elizabeth, Naomi, etc.  We have lived with the name Abigail for five years. It threw us for a loop when we needed to pick a second name. One of our dear pastors jokingly suggested Abbi and Gail. Yeah, not gonna work.  So today I will be praying for a revelation of a name!

Speaking of prayer.  If you are praying for us, as I know many of you are, here are some of things we would appreciate prayer for:
  • A second name! 
  • For Si Jie and Si Chun, that they would be cared for and comforted.
  • For our hearts to be prepared for parenting and a big lifestyle change.
  • Scheduling our travel plans - traveling with 2 babies is a bigger challenge than just one.
  • That we are both able to stick to our "get healthy plans" over the next few weeks. Dave is doing boot camp at our gym and I am on a very restricted diet.
  • That we would be able to wrap up some projects around the house soon.
That is all I can think of for now.  Thank you all for being such wonderful friends and great adoption community!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Miriam
Anne
Sarah
Marsi said…
Hello! I happened to find your blog today on the China Adoption Talk blog & happened to click on yours & spent a few minutes reading it. -Just wanted to say that your baby girls are absolutely adorable. So happy for you & your husband. It sounds like you have been on such an incredible journey these past several years. If I may ask....did you specifically request twins in your original dossier? We are also waiting for our "Madeline" & our LID is 09.11.06 & have renewed paperwork about 4 times now. We are also open to twins but have not formally edited our original letter to China ( although our agency is encouraging us to ). Blessings! -marsi ( waitingformadi.blogspot.com)
Arlene said…
Your daughters are adorable. I am praying that the Lord will reveal the perfect name to go with Abigail.

Some of my favorite Bible names are:

Lydia
Jael
Kezia
Hannah (could be shortened to Anna for “Abbie and Anna”)

I don’t know if you are looking for the name of a person from the Bible, but there are also cities in the Bible that have lovely names such as:

Bethany
Eden
Moriah

I have also seen these Christian names:

Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards)
Eliana (God has answered)

Hosanna

I am sure whatever you pick will be just the right name :)
k1 said…
Deborah... she was a judge, a highly regarded woman of her time.


Some of the common ones you or the other commentors didn't mention:

Mary, Margaret, Claudia, Diana, Delilah, Eve, Leah, Rebecca, Tabatha

There were less common ones, too:

Rahab, Pricilla, Jezebel, Esther, Salome, Tamar

And finally, there are names that reflect Christian beliefs and virtues, but weren't really names in the Bible:
Faith, Grace, Hope, Joy, Charity, Patience, Prudence


There are more names at this site:
http://christianity.about.com/od/christianbabygirlnames/a/babygirlnames.htm
k1 said…
Gaylene has the same meaning as Abigail if you wanted that to be the same.
Anonymous said…
The babies are adoraable and you are truly blessed. We adopted our son 7 years ago (OMG)from St. Petersburg Russia, it was the most amazing and wonderful journey, he is amazing and adoption is beyond a blessing. He is beautiful, smart and truly a gift from god. Enjoy every minute of the journey and be prepared to have the ride of your life! I love the name Hannah, it fits! Sharon
You're so lucky! Wonderful!!! Congradulations!
(excuse me I'm not good in english)
Anonymous said…
I also found your website on RQ. The name Magdalena occured to me. The girls could be Abbi and Maggi for short. They are stunning whatever names you give them. Congratuations.

Carolyn
Mother to Joy Lin b. 5/2/96 a.9/23/97 Hefei, Anhui, PRC
Oh i'm so crazy excited for you I could scream!!!! YAY god!!!!

Can't wait to find out when you are going, and I so want a play date after you are home and settled! our miracles need to play together!!! 2 little girls! EEEEK!!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!

I'm partial to Hannah ;-)
anna
eliana
esther

I'm sure you will pick the perfect name! Can't wait to hear it!! xoxo

Talley
Much Ado said…
Congratulations!!!! Your girls are simply beautiful, you must be on cloud nine! Ningdu babies are simply WONDERFUL! We adopted our daughter from Ningdu in 2009 - she is such a little gem! The Ningdu yahoo group is a great source of info for pics of the orphanage etc and help with any questions. Also feel free to email me (in my blog profile) if you want any extra info on Ningdu/Nanchang.

God is good, what a blessing your 2 precious little girls are, how exciting! So happy for you.
The Tracy's said…
So happy for you! God is so good!
sierrasmom said…
Hannnah and Rebecca!!!
Anonymous said…
Leah, Hannah, Sarah & Tabita. I wish you good luck. :-)) Best wishes from Synnøve from Norway;Europe.

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48