Snug as two bugs in a box...
Lady Bugs: A few months ago my brother who is a professional photographer, did a photo shoot for us. I told him I wanted to have our picture on a teddy bear to send the baby we would soon be matched with. Knowing that the ladybug was a symbol for Chinese adoption, Mike found these two stuffed animals. He explained that it is a good idea to have a duplicate of a favorite toy, which the lady bug might become, in case on was lost or damaged. Great idea!! Little did we know the Lord had these two sweet ladybugs planned for our two sweet bundles of joy waiting for us in China. We have been sleeping with the lady bugs for about 2 months so our scent would get on them. My sister-in-law photo shopped the picture, did all the graphics and even included the Chinese symbols for mommy and daddy. Then last weekend my mother-in-law sewed on the pictures. It was a real family project.
The Card: I knew I wanted to somehow to include our voice in the package so I thought of sending a recordable card. Well, there are no "just because" recordable cards. So I found this one, a birthday card with a puppy on it. The message reads something to the effect of, "today is a good day to celebrate you..." Which is true and is how I feel. After the personal greeting we recorded, "Daddy Loves You, Mommy loves you too", the card plays the first few lines of Daydream. Here they are:
"What a day for a day dream,
What a day for a day dreamin' boy.
And I'm lost in a day dream,
Dreamin' 'bout my bundle of joy."
Even though the girls won't understand the song, I though it fit just perfectly.
The Toy - The toy cell phones are just because I know they like brightly colored toys that make noise.
The Camera - Our agency suggested sending a camera in hopes that the orphanage workers will snap some shots.
So, that's it for now! I know many of you want to know the names we chose but we are going to hang on to that information until we make it official with our agency. Stay tuned.
Comments