...and other slippery things. Holding on when life gets tough.
Things are about to get crazy...
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
We just found out that we are going to be leaving for China about a week earlier than we thought! And this is what the nursery looks like today. Yikes!
So excited for you and your family. Yep, as a single mommy to 2 girls (28 months old and 17 months old) I can agree that things will get crazy! But a good crazy!
Hello, you don't know me but I saw your post on Rumor Queen and can't wait for you to make your journey! I was in Nanchang in 2009 for my daughter and it was just incredible! God bless you and your family and please keep posting, it brings back such great memories!
Many Blessings for your safe journey, and remember all that matters is your girls, the rest is just details! :-)
Never before have I been so sweaty, sticky, and stained and cared so little. On a sign in the ladies room at the US Consulate: Help keep our environment clean: Please keep your feet on the floor and not on the toilet seat. What the ...? My new diet and exercise plan - parenting twins. Hong Kong - ultra firm mattress, barely uncomfortable. Nanchang - surprisingly plush mattress, just right. Guangzhou - what mattress? it really should be called a platform or plank. Loving the people, marketing and salesmanship skills of the Chinese shop owners. I wonder if they have attended a John Maxwell seminar. He is popular here, you know. One would think that the country that built this thoroughly modern skyscraper , the second largest in the world, could come up with a way of making the tap water potable. Why are there so many Chinese people wandering around the hotel in their robes? Note to self - do not shake a baby bottle filled with very hot formula. Question:...
I really thought I would have time to blog everyday on this "once in a life time trip" but in reality, yesterday I did not even have time to brush my hair and I have yet to wash it since getting the twins on Sunday. So as I sit here on Tuesday evening I want to remember and record all that has transpired since the girls were first placed in our arms but I am sitting in a dark hotel since Abbi and Livi are asleep in their cribs just 10 feet away. The near darkness make me want to crawl under the covers and fade into dream land. So, the remedy is going to be a bulleted list which I will try to expand on later. "Try" is the operative word here. Gotcha Day was traumatic for the girls but they soon calmed down and just eyed us with suspicion for the evening. Prior to getting the girls there was a two hour meeting to discuss feeding and caring for the babies and the itinerary. Monday was paperwork day. The first office was where the adoption became official. ...
Comments
Oh my gracious! its so close!!
Many Blessings for your safe journey, and remember all that matters is your girls, the rest is just details! :-)
Kris
Family day to Kayla Mei 5/25/09