Shock and Awe

On Mondays I have a bible study/ mentoring time with three teenage girls. We are currently going through Hank Hannegraaff's, Bible Answer Book, We each choose a question, find related scriptures and then discuss it in the group. It was our first week doing with this new format and I was a little disappointed that the girl's did not give the assignment much forethought but maybe next week. regardless we did have some great discussion. One girl chose a question about why homosexuality is wrong. We all agreed that the Bible emphatically calls homosexual activity a sin. Then we discussed how this affect their lives. The girls told me that aberrant sexuality is commonplace at their schools, especially among girls who claim to be bi-sexual. My girls all felt that this behavior is just for shock and awe as well as turning on boys. They all agreed that being "bi" is trendy, even though they themselves think it is terrible. I certainly hope that the girl's personal relationship with Christ will keep them on the right path. Teens really do have a lot of fiery darts to dodge. I would like to say I am shocked by this trend but I am not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48