Redeemed
A couple of weeks ago there was a teaching on Moody Radio about loss. It came shortly after Steven Curtis Chapman lost his adopted Chinese daughter when his older son backed the family SUB over her. To sum it up in a brief statement - God may nor restore your loss but he will redeem your loss. So, the other day I was thinking about how I have lost my 30th decade of life to infertility and childlessness. Then I realized that the Lord has truly redeemed this time. I see that he has allowed me to be involved in some significant work for his kingdom. The most recent being the development of a new campus for our church.
He has also given me the desire to challenge myself in creative areas. I have learned to sew - sort of. As soon as I figure out how to hang the set of curtains I made out of a single curtain panel I purchased at Goodwill for 3 bucks I will post the picture here. Secondly I took on the challenge of starting a used and rare book business, which at the moment is making more money for my consignees than me but that is because my focus is on the new campus right now. I am just grateful to God for moving me forward and keeping my head up during this time. I am also grateful to my husband who has a been a source of strength. And finally to my family who have been such an encouragement. OK, this is starting to sound like an acceptance speech. I'm done now.
One thing I hope to work on during this redeemed time is sewing a straight line. I thought it would be easy since the fabric has stripes on it and I put a heavy crease in the fabric with an iron. So such luck, the stitch is still a bit crazy.
He has also given me the desire to challenge myself in creative areas. I have learned to sew - sort of. As soon as I figure out how to hang the set of curtains I made out of a single curtain panel I purchased at Goodwill for 3 bucks I will post the picture here. Secondly I took on the challenge of starting a used and rare book business, which at the moment is making more money for my consignees than me but that is because my focus is on the new campus right now. I am just grateful to God for moving me forward and keeping my head up during this time. I am also grateful to my husband who has a been a source of strength. And finally to my family who have been such an encouragement. OK, this is starting to sound like an acceptance speech. I'm done now.
One thing I hope to work on during this redeemed time is sewing a straight line. I thought it would be easy since the fabric has stripes on it and I put a heavy crease in the fabric with an iron. So such luck, the stitch is still a bit crazy.
Comments