Adoption Update, sort of...

There really is not much to say but I will try. Our domestic adoption agency thought there might be some possibilities this past week but neither seem to be working out. Here are the directors words in an email to me, "things are not going as optimally as they could have with those particular situations, but we are still praying… You’ll be the first to hear!" So that was somewhat disappointing. Then we got connected with a LCSW who facilitates adoptions. Dave and I discussed it and decided that rather than sailing three boats at a time we would stick to two for now and revisit the third boat in 2 or 3 months.

China, our first boat, is still a waiting game. With the Olympics being in Beijing this year, I am reminded about China every day. I am somewhat hopeful that when the Olympics are over the adoption program will pick up speed but nobody really knows. One can hope!

In the meantime I try to spend time with my Nephew. Yesterday we went to Ikea and Wannado City with my friend Ivanna and her two kids. We had a great time. Ikea is very family friendly and we were able to drop of the two older kids in the Magic Forest playground and then look around the store. I loved it, very modern and very european. I can't wait to go there to really shop. The kids loved the Magin Forest. It was love all around. Wannado City was fun too albeuit very, very loud. It was so enjoyable to just watch kids find joy and wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48