Bugs Be Gone


I realized that I probably need some kind of pest control in my fledgling garden. I am trying to be as "green" as time, money and convenience will allow so I did a little research on natural pest repellents. In a blink of an eye Google produced for me an entire list of ways to protect my produce. Here is the link. The one I chose seemed the most versatile. So I cooked up a brew of one whole onion, a head of garlic (both chopped, skins on) and a heaping tablespoon of red pepper flakes.

What I thought was going to smell overwhelmingly awful actually filled the house with a internet equivalent would be but this picture will have to do. The pot full is a concentrate and should last me a month or more. You can also add a little bit of mild dishsoap to make it extra potent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48