Adoption Update
I know I said I did not want to make this blog all about infertility and adoption but I thought I should write a quick post about what the Lord is doing in my heart.
Since our failed adoption this summer I had not wanted to discuss next steps. Regarding this topic there was absolute silence between Dave and I until we went on a weekend getaway to the Cove. The Cove is the Billy Graham Training Center and it located in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. The weekend we spent there was so refreshing and life giving. Pastor Bob Coy spoke for Ephesians 6. The title of his teaching was "What the Devil Does Not Want You to Discover." You can watch the teachings at this link.
This was the weekend that I knew we needed to discuss where we were going with the whole baby thing. So we did. We sought council from two people we trust. They both encouraged us to continue on in our pursuit of children. Both Dave and I have a piece about it and so we march forward, with our hearts and minds open to the child God brings into our lives one day.
Since our failed adoption this summer I had not wanted to discuss next steps. Regarding this topic there was absolute silence between Dave and I until we went on a weekend getaway to the Cove. The Cove is the Billy Graham Training Center and it located in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. The weekend we spent there was so refreshing and life giving. Pastor Bob Coy spoke for Ephesians 6. The title of his teaching was "What the Devil Does Not Want You to Discover." You can watch the teachings at this link.
This was the weekend that I knew we needed to discuss where we were going with the whole baby thing. So we did. We sought council from two people we trust. They both encouraged us to continue on in our pursuit of children. Both Dave and I have a piece about it and so we march forward, with our hearts and minds open to the child God brings into our lives one day.
Comments
xoxo