I need your help!

I need your help!. I am trying to create a check list of things we need to do before we bring home the baby. This is what I have so far:

  1. Create an estate plan (will and revocable trust)
  2. Plan the nursery
  3. Work on the new household budget to include baby related expenses
  4. Take an infant CPR and first class
  5. Find and interview a pediatrician
  6. Read some parenting books
  7. Update medical insurance plan
  8. Buy a car seat
  9. Visit with birth mother
  10. Create a gift registry
I am sure there are more tasks that need to be done but I just can't think of what they are. Any suggestions?

Comments

check out www.babycenter.com and www.whattoexpect.com
they are mostly geared towards "pregnant" mommy's, but as far as i'm concerned...you're just as "expectant" haha!
they've been very helpful to me as far as tracking on things i should be doing, and by when, etc...
if you haven't read BabyWise yet, it comes highly recommended by me. Mona would tell you more about it, as she has actually "practiced" BabyWise and has had huge success :)
as far as carseats go...there's a guy at the Baby's R Us on Okeechobee that is TOTALLY worth going to see, I think his name is John. Young, black man. Anyway, his degree is in research and he has done ALL the necessary research on carseats, etc.. Mona and I have both had WONDERFUL experiences with him, definitely worth the trip to find the "right one"
oh...information overload!
still can't wait to see you and "catch up" about all this and give you a hug. maybe i'll sneak out of bed to drop in one day soon :)
Hi,
Get a sling.
You know a doctor who does well-child care already. :)
Me again! If you do read BW, read it for the perspective and then read Dr. Sears books and Permission to Mother also to learn various philosophies in child rearing. BW would probably not support the protocol we discussed.

If you read web sites, magazines and books with lots of formula and bottle ads they are usually more like adverzines for the products than really helpful and practical info.
you'll also want to do your own research and make up your mind on vaccinations/alternative vaccination plans, etc...
I still have yet to finish this one...and it's important.
a girlfriend of mine has a couple of great books. once I get the names I'll let you know!
poseygirl said…
Wow! You are so organized!! This will be my 3rd and there may be something on that list I haven't done!!:)

It was really wonderful to meet and spend some time with you. I hope we can do it again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48