11th Anniversary Weekend






OK, so here comes a non-baby blog which I am sure will be rarity in the coming weeks and months.

Dave and I spent our 11th anniversary weekend in Miami Beach. We stayed at the Eden Roc, which is a Marriott Renaissance Resort. It is an uber-modern hotel right on the beach. We spent time just walking on the board walk, talking, dreaming, etc.

On our way to Miami we stopped at Ikea the Scandinavian furniture store. We were seriously looking for some bookshelves for Dave's office so that I could, one day, transfer my inventory for my on-line bookstore into his office. At the time we did not know a baby was just around the corner, we were just forcasting our future needs. And now they are pressing needs! Yeah! Here are the bookshelves we are considering but maybe in a lighter color.

Saturday night we dined at Texas de Brazil. It was amazing. If you have never eaten at a Brazilian churrascaria you really should make reservations for this weekend. It's not just dinner it is an experience. I know I look super sleepy or drunk in the picture but I was neither, the picture was taken just as I was blinking from too bright a flash.

On Sunday morning we were on our way home and thought about stopping at Mizner Park in Boca but decided to stop at City Place instead. We were just about there when Dave said, "You know church at the Harriet starts in about 20 minutes." My first reaction was "no way, it would be too much like work." Since I work for Christ Fellowship, Stuart Campus, most of my weekends are spent organizing and analyzing church and I really did not want to do that on our anniversary weekend. Once we arrived at City Place we realized that none of the shops are open at 11am on Sunday morning so we decided to attend the CF, City Place Campus afterall. And I am glad we did. It was such a blessing to just be able to attend church without having to view it through the lense of employment. Just to enjoy the message, the worship and time with the Lord was such a blessing and a perfect end to a wonderful weekend with my husband.

Comments

jam'n bell said…
I know you had fun. Those Marriott Renaissance Hotels are very beautiful. Happy Belated Anniversary.
Can't wait to see updates on the baby.
poseygirl said…
How very cool!!

I think we have the same bookshelves. If so, we love them. We are adding on bit by bit.

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48