This is 49 (and maybe the start of a daily blog, maybe)

It's October 14. My birthday. My 49th birthday to be exact. No longer does anyone say to me, "I never would have guessed you were that old." Nope. There is gray hair and well earned character lines that have changed the landscape of my visage.  I bought my first anti-aging serum the other day, a cheap one from Walmart. Maybe I don't want to spend all that money on a facial regimen just yet. Maybe I don't feel like I deserve to spend the money when I am not really taking care of myself otherwise. Whatever the case, I am going to use in faithfully.

I am 49 but most of the other women I spend time with are in the 20's and 30's. The common denominator is stage of life. My three elementary aged kids keep me in this demographic. While the friends of my youth are posting pictures on social media of their adult children's weddings and in many cases sweet pictures of their first (or second, or third) grandchild I am posting first day of school photos and crazy things my little humans say.  I am by comparison a new mom. And happily so. My kids keep me young. Yeah, right, who am I kidding? Kids sap every last bit of energy you have each and every day. But then, somehow, miraculously really, you wake up the next morning renewed and ready to do it all over again, and again and again.

49. I have exactly 365 until I turn fifty. Just a couple of days ago on social media I saw someone post a question asking what people wanted to accomplish before they turn 50. People talked about wanting to run their next marathon, travel to some exotic place, crush their professional goals. I did not comment. My actual thought was "what could I possibly accomplish in a year?"  I literally only have 365 days to accomplish my "by the time I'm fifty bucket list."  Then last night the thought came to me. BLOG. Just blog your 49th year. So then, of course, all the thoughts of  things like what would I call it? Should I just continue the blog I used to keep? Should I announce that I am blogging again? What should I share? I don't want to get to personal. And I really don't want it to be about the kids, just like that show from the 90's "Everybody Loves Raymond." And besides, that is their private story, definitely not mine to share. Will anyone even want to read all my ramblings? Gah! All the thoughts, All of them. So, path of least resistance... here I am on my old blog with a different name and, until today, two unpublished posts that I thought were pretty good but not good enough to post at the time.

So, I am just going to write for myself and maybe when I find my voice again and decide that my words might be of interest to someone else I will share all my wet bars of soap and other slippery things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48