Honoring our Immigrant Heritage
Sitting in church this morning I was reminded that all we Americans come from immigrant families, unless of course you are Native American. We can look back and see that there were one or more brave souls in our family tree who took that leap of faith to find freedom on the shores of our great nation.
I owe a debt of gratitude to one immigrant on a very personal level. She is the birth mother of our soon to be adopted daughter, Hannah. Several years ago she came from Mexico in hopes of finding a better life. I hope she found what she was looking for. I am glad she found us.
I started working on my family tree many years ago but only recently have I uncovered ancestors dating back to the 1300’s. It has been a very exciting journey. Here is a list of those ancestors who immigrated to North America, the approximate date they arrived and their country of origin. I only guessed at the immigration date based on age and family history.
My Paternal Grandfather’s Ancestors:
- Benjamin and Marguerite Barrett - circa1600 Scotland and France, respectively
- Williams and Alice Betts - circa1650 - England
- Francis and Ann Holmes - circa1650 - England
- John and Rose Waterbury – circa 1625 - England
- Evans and Jemima Lockwood – circa 1750 – England
- John and Madeline Binnette – circa 1700 – France
- Francois-Charles, Marguerite Aubert and daughter Clemence Marie– circa 1800 – France
- Alzaphan Boswell – Circa 1825 – England
- Bridgette Elizabeth Orchard – circa 1875 – England
- Sarah Williams - circa 1850 – England
- Charles and Mabel Patterson – circa 1825 – England
My Paternal Grandmother’s Ancestor
- Richard and Margaret Harrison and their son, Thomas circa - 1650 – England
My Maternal Grandfather’s Ancestors
- Peter and Theresa Versage – circa 1900 – Italy
- Nicholas and Marian Crasco – circa 1900
My Maternal Grandmother’s Ancestors
- Rosolino and Battestina Maria - circa 1900 – Italy
My immediate Family
- My brother’s wife Precy Barrett and her son Lance– 2008 – Philippine
- Dave’s parents, Antonio and Maria Borzillo – circa 1965 –Italy via Uruguay
- Dave’s brother , Cosmo Borzillo - circa 1965– Uruguay
- Dave’s sister-in-law - Divina Borzillo – circa 1985- Philippines
- Birth mother of our soon to be adopted daughter, Hannah– circa 2000 - Mexico
Comments