The fruit (er, uh vegtable) of My Labor

I ate the first salad out of my garden today! I had to thin the lettuce plants, which are really still just sprouts, out to 10" apart. At first I was feeling badly about throwing away the still very baby romaine but I thought "Why can't I eat this?" After washing away all the soil I plated it up with a little extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, some kosher salt and black pepper. It was de-lish!

Today I planted spinach, arugula and Roma tomatoes. I think I planted the tomatoes correctly this time. Apparently you are supposed to put 80% of the plant below the soil, leaving only 20% above ground. So, I am hoping this plant looks a little healthier than the ones I plant last month, which are growing fruit but the plant its self looks a little weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48