And for my next trick...

My Dad has been bugging me about not having a place to sit and put his shoes back on at our house so I set out to find something to fit the bill. First I looked at ottomans at Home Goods. They were too short. They I looked at bar stools. They were too tall. I do not have room for a chair so I had to go to plan B.

I found a sturdy sewing bench at a thrift store for $5 several weeks ago. Although it had good bones it was terribly ugly. As you can see.














The fact that it has a lid with a little storage space gave me the idea to use it as a charging station for all the technology that we need to make it through the day.













So with a little elbow grease and a couple of yards of fabric from the clearance table, voila, we now have a place for Dad to sit to put his shoes on and a place to hide all our gadgets. It is not my best work, the hardware made it a little tricky. A family heirloom it is not, but overall I think it came out well enough to be attractive and very utilitarian. What do you think Dad?




Comments

jam'n bell said…
Danielle- I think it looks wonderful...and quite thrifty!!

BTW...love the new look of the blog.
Rachelle said…
Very creative! Love the new blog look, and glad your back!
Nicely done!! Wanna come be crafty at my house??? LOL!
Hey we are in need of an update!

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48