Adoption Update

Today I submitted our immigration paper work for our China adoption for a third time. This is the application to adopt which the US government requires, not the government of China. To put this into perspective. We first submitted this way back in 2006. It is good for 18 months. So once 18 months had passed, we had to submit it again. That time the US government was gracious enough to do it for free. I think they were expecting that all of would have our babies home before it expired again. Well here we are just 6 weeks away from it expiring yet again. That means we have been waiting a total of 36 months plus the five months or so we were paper-chasing for China. That is a stinking long time! Imagine a 36 month long pregnancy. This time the US government was not so gracious and decided that they were not going to giveaway refiles for free so today I wrote out a big, fat check to the Department of Home Land Security. Fun.

But honestly, every time I have to do something regarding our adoptions, somehow, it makes me feel motherly, like I am doing something for the children that, at the moment, are only living in my hopes and dreams.

Comments

PRaying this is the LAST form to fill out! COME ON CHINA!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48