Abiding

This morning in staff meeting at work one of our pastors Lance Witt shared a message about maintaining a healthy soul. He taught that we must remain in Christ, connected to him as in John 15. If we fail to do this rather than integration of God's plan and purpose into our lives, disintegration will take place. John 15 talks about being pruned for greater fruitfulness. I feel like our infertility has certainly done that. It has allowed me to focus on ministry for a greater part of my life. I am glad that the Lord has done this. I know I have spiritual children as a result. That may have to be enough. I am not sure that it is though.

Here is some good commentary on John 15

Pastor Todd asked us to read John 15. Which I did and then spend 10 - 15 minutes in prayer and ask the Lord what abiding will look like in my life. I had a hard time being quiet before God so he could speak to me so I thought I would start this post and see if anything came.

"Hopeful expectation, not hopeless resignation. Wait with great hope on the Lord. Do not resign myself to the hopelessness of what I don't have. Anticipate how God is going to use all that he has already given me and will give me in the future."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48