Moving On

Once again, I we are moving on. Leaving another loss behind. It was one month ago today that we became parents to a baby girl we named Hannah. Parenthood only lasted for 36 hours or so. On our way to pick up Hannah from the hospital to bring her home we received a call from our adoption attorney. The birth mother decided to keep the baby.

That day my daily scripture reading was Genesis 15. Verse 2 jumped right off the page. It reads, "But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless..." The story of Abraham reminds me that God's ways are not our ways, nor are his thoughts our thoughts as it says in Isaiah 56. It is my job to trust and obey and not to try to figure out all the details.

I am taking a Bible study I never wanted to qualify for. It is called Triumph Over Suffering by Celeste Li and it is amazing. God has already spoken to my heart peace and the beginning of healing. I don't know where this terrestrial road will end but I do know that when it does end, true life will just be beginning.

Comments

TMac said…
hugs my friend. I think and pray for you often...

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48