The Time is Soon
Today we will find out when the c-section will be scheduled. I have been anxious and excited, melancholy and thrilled. We have been waiting for this for 10 years and you would think I would be prepared. Well, I am not. Yes, I have all the gear, the bottles and bassinet, the glider and diapers but do I have the all the "momminess" that I need? Everyone tells me that it will come as soon as the baby is born but right now I am not so sure.
Quite coincidentally I read John 16 today. This verse really spoke to me, "A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." My pain is different, it is not not physical. My uterus is not groaning. My pain is of the heart. This heart labor has lasted ten years and my time has come. I am ready for the joy.
Quite coincidentally I read John 16 today. This verse really spoke to me, "A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." My pain is different, it is not not physical. My uterus is not groaning. My pain is of the heart. This heart labor has lasted ten years and my time has come. I am ready for the joy.
Comments