Hope does dissapoint...
We have been hoping for a baby for almost nine years and today we were disappointed once again. It was my expectation that I would be posting very happy news today along with ultrasound pictures of our soon to be adopted baby girl but that is not the case. As a matter of fact I was even waiting to blog at all until this day when I thought it would be a good time to tell everyone about the adoption.
We drove to Tampa to attend the level 2 ultrasound today. Unfortunately, the ultrasound revealed multiple, severe birth defects. Primarily, severe Spina Bifida. In addition, there is fluid on the brain; a misshapen skull and thickened skull base. The doctor could not see kidneys or a bladder and there is very little amniotic fluid which could mean underdeveloped lungs. All of this equals a very poor prognosis. Best case scenario is that, if the baby survives to term, she will be born with no use of her legs and significant brain damage and possibly die soon after birth.
Jan, the birth mother was very upset, mostly for us. She cried, we cried. At this point the adoption is off.
Romans 5:5 says that "hope does not disappointment. When I reread this verse today I finally realized that it is not talking about hope in getting the things we want or having the type of life we want. It is referring to the hope of salvation that we have in Christ Jesus. I have known this but I guess it just became real to me today. Misplaced hope does disappoint.
We drove to Tampa to attend the level 2 ultrasound today. Unfortunately, the ultrasound revealed multiple, severe birth defects. Primarily, severe Spina Bifida. In addition, there is fluid on the brain; a misshapen skull and thickened skull base. The doctor could not see kidneys or a bladder and there is very little amniotic fluid which could mean underdeveloped lungs. All of this equals a very poor prognosis. Best case scenario is that, if the baby survives to term, she will be born with no use of her legs and significant brain damage and possibly die soon after birth.
Jan, the birth mother was very upset, mostly for us. She cried, we cried. At this point the adoption is off.
Romans 5:5 says that "hope does not disappointment. When I reread this verse today I finally realized that it is not talking about hope in getting the things we want or having the type of life we want. It is referring to the hope of salvation that we have in Christ Jesus. I have known this but I guess it just became real to me today. Misplaced hope does disappoint.
Comments
My heart breaks for you tonight.
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the laws of Christ" Galatians 6:2
Crying with you and carrying you in prayer still!
Know that...
We lack the words to know what to say. Sharon and I will be praying for you and Dave.
Steve and Sharon
God Bless you both. I am praying for you.
Also believing and praying that God's best is still coming for you and Dave.
http://www.hearttoheartadoptions.net/available_situations/available_situations.html
http://www.aguardianangel.net/index.htm
May be worth looking into.
Best of luck!
Sheri
Talley
Christy Casavant