My Crystal Ball

I have been away from the blog-o-sphere for a while - again - let's see if I remember how to do it. Oh yes, just type and let the words flow. I went back to my Endocrinologist this week only to find that I am a healthy specimen with the exception of one thing. My body thinks that my thyroid is a foreign object and is attacking it. This is called Hashimoto's Disease. The doctor did not give me the name he just told me what was happening. When I relayed this information to my wonderful friend Carolyn, she put a name to the face so to speak. For now, my thyroid is functioning normally (good news) but one day it will no longer be able to withstand the attack and will succumb to Quasimodo, I mean Hashimoto. So for now, I will enjoy good health and try to do something about improving my fitness so that when my thyroid finally gives up the rest of my body won't.

(this was written last week, I just never got around to posting it.)


Comments

TMac said…
Hmm, very interesting. You know that Carolyn is seeing my future new RE doc for this very thing. (B/c RE's are endocrinologists) Maybe it couldn't hurt to see him and talk IF stuff with him, maybe, possibly. or not! :)

I'm sorry your thyroid is a hunchback, but praying answers will come from it!

Love Talley
Danielle said…
Actually, I did see Carolyn's doc. He is great! We did talk IF stuff but he just thinks the endometriosis is back and did not see any signs of PCOS.

Popular posts from this blog

Ponderings that don't deserve a post of their own...

48